FOR MORE INFORMATION
(301) 225-5826, DSN 375
Identify, promulgate, aid development of, and catalog information technology standards, standards profiles and interoperability compliance requirements to meet DISA product and service priorities and the needs of DoD, with emphasis on commercial and open systems standards.
- Execute the DoD IT Standardization Executive Agent engineering responsibilities that identify, research, and aid development and promulgation of, information technology standards and standards profiles to support DISA product and service priorities and DoD requirements.
- Execute the DoD IT Standardization Executive Agent management responsibilities that promulgate, configuration manage, govern, and assess implementation of warfighter tactical information exchange standards.
- Develop, manage, and provide oversight for the DoD IT standards management strategy and processes and conduct lifecycle management for all DoD-unique IT standards (e.g. DISRonline).
- Serve as the DISA Standardization Executive in accordance with the requirements of the Defense Standardization Program managed by the Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Systems Engineering (ODASD-SE).
- Develop, deliver and manage secure software applications to support Joint Interoperability and Evaluation of DoD IT/NSS Projects/Programs for Enterprise level program investment analysis in support of the DoD Chief Information Officer.
- Identify and develop standards and profiles that foster interoperability for the GIG, Net Centric Enterprise Services, and Net Centric Warfare program development in concert with DISA and DoD priorities.
- In accordance with mandated DoD and Joint policies, manage, conduct and facilitate the Joint Information Technology (IT) and National Security Systems (NSS) Interoperability & Supportability Assessment, Test and Evaluation Program. This includes coordinating agency-wide assessments of DoD Programs/Projects that examine and evaluate system acquisitions/requirements and technical capabilities against the GIG, NCES, Information Assurance, associated Joint systems, standards and associated architectural compliance.
- Participate in and represent DoD interests at non-governmental standards bodies to address DoD standards requirements, when applicable.
- Develop, manage and maintain GIG Technical Guidance as applicable to DoD Programs.
- Provide comprehensive DoD IT Standards research, development, and engineering.
- Develop, maintain and configuration manage GIG Technical Profiles as applicable to DoD Programs.
- Develop and maintain high visibility transformational DoD standards profiles (i.e., IPV6).